24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE AVAILABLE

Signs You Need To Search For Mold Removal Service Near Me

Mold is a type of fungi that grows both outdoors and indoors. While mold is necessary for some outdoor processes, like decomposition, it can be troublesome when it starts to grow indoors. Mold growth can cause structural damage to your home and pose a severe health risk to you and your family. That’s why it’s essential to be on the lookout for early warning signs of mold so you can take action quickly. In any case, your mold problem can be dealt with independently with a bit of help from bleach or special cleaners and a little elbow grease. However, there are situations in which it is best just to call a professional mold remediation company. Whether you are suffering mold issues in Nashville, Knoxville, or Chattanooga, do an internet search for mold removal services near me and click on APEX Restoration DKI.

What Is Mold?

Mold is a type of fungi that can grow and spread quickly in moist, dark environments. There are many different types of mold, and they can range in color from black to white. Mold is often found in homes and other buildings where there is water damage or leaks. When mold spores come into contact with water, they can start to grow and spread within 24 to 48 hours. Mold spores are also found in the air and can enter homes through open doors or windows. Inhaling mold spores can cause respiratory problems, such as coughing and sneezing. Some people are also allergic to mold and may experience symptoms such as a runny nose, watery eyes, and skin rash. If you think you have mold in your home, it is important to have it removed by a professional.

RELATED: Fire Damage Cleanup Tips: Do’s and Dont’s

Musty Odors

A musty smell is one of the earliest warning signs of indoor mold growth. This is because mold emits spores into the air, and these spores often contain a chemical called mycotoxin. Mycotoxin has a characteristic odor that many people describe as musty or earthy. So if you start noticing this odor in your home, it could be a sign that mold is present and beginning to grow.

Visible Mold Growth

Another early warning sign of indoor mold growth is visible mold growth itself. This can appear as black, green, or white patches on walls, ceilings, or floors. In addition, mold often grows in dark, damp places like basements, laundry rooms, or bathrooms. If you see any visible mold growth in your home, it’s essential to take action immediately, as this could signify a serious problem.

Certified, Professional Mold Cleanup

Excessive Humidity

An increase in indoor humidity is another early warning sign of indoor mold growth. This is because mold needs moisture to survive and thrive. So if you start noticing an increase in indoor humidity levels, especially if there isn’t proper ventilation, this could indicate that mold is present and beginning to grow.

Water Stains

Water stains on walls or ceilings are another potential early warning sign of indoor mold growth. If you notice any water stains in your home, it’s important to investigate the cause. These stains could be caused by pipes, windows, or roof leaks. If leaks cause water stains, this creates the perfect environment for mold spores to thrive. As such, water stains should always be investigated as they could indicate a serious problem.

Peeling and Cracking

You might not think twice about seeing peeling or cracking in your paint or wallpaper, but it could be caused by more than just age; it could be caused by excess moisture, which could lead to mold growth. It is a good idea to look into the cause of cracking and peeling wallpaper and paint to determine the underlying cause. If there is excess moisture, it’s time to call a mold remediation company to have the issue resolved. Cracked tiles are another sign of excess moisture, which can seep into the cracks and promote mold growth. We recommend that you check to discover the cause of your cracked tiles and ensure you don’t have a mold problem.

A Flood

Another common cause of mold overgrowth is when you suffer a flood or another type of water intrusion event. And while you might think that you correctly cleaned everything up and moved on with your life, that might not be the case. You see, when drywall, carpet, and other porous materials become saturated with water, it takes a very long time for them to dry out completely. In addition, there are some situations in which water intrusion issues are challenging to detect. For example, a leaking water pipe inside your walls could go on for a long time before anyone notices a problem.

Health Issues

Finally, health issues are another potential early warning sign of indoor mold growth. This is because exposure to indoor mold can cause a wide range of health problems, including respiratory problems, headaches, dizziness, nausea, skin irritation, and more. So if you or anyone in your family starts experiencing strange health problems, it could indicate that indoor mold is present.

If you notice any of these early warning signs of indoor mold growth in your home, it’s important to take action immediately by calling a professional mold removal service. These services will assess the situation to determine the best way to remove the mold and prevent it from coming back. Don’t wait until the problem gets worse—call APEX Restoration DKI at the first sign of trouble.

NEXT: Restoring Your Business After A Flood

Share This:

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter
Email