The restoration process can be tricky, so you should be sure to hire only certified technicians. This ensures that someone addresses the problem correctly the first time. Here are the steps you should expect from a professional fire damage cleanup and restoration company.
- Inspection of Home or Commercial Building – Professionals inspect and test areas of your building that are affected by the fire and process the extent of the damage. Some areas are easier to spot than others. For example, your floor may seem fine to the naked eye, but underneath could be structural damage. This first step will form an action plan for the restoration process.
- Emergency Boardup and Tarping – To protect your property from further damage, we put temporary boardup and tarping repairs in place. Without professional boardup, animals, rain, and thieves can invade your property and cause more damage. Technicians cover damaged roofs, windows, doors, and walls to secure and protect your home and business.
- Water Damage Cleanup (if necessary) – Many people do not expect water damage to effect their home after a fire. But pipe bursts, firefighter hoses, extinguishers, and Tennessee rainstorms cause the majority of damage after a fire. Technicians will extract all water from the premises and dry the affected areas. This process will protect your home from mold and mildew and structural damage.
- Smoke and Soot Removal – Companies like Apex Restoration DKI use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces. These techniques guarantee your home will be safe from harsh particles.
- Odor Removal and Sanitation – Be sure to hire a company with specialized odorox hydroxyl generators. This innovative technology breaks down odor molecules with organic chemicals to remove any odors from your home or business.
- Property Restoration – The pros transform your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration of a house fire or business fire includes minor repairs such as painting, replacing carpet, and plumbing. For major repairs, restoration crews offer structural reconstruction or electrical wiring installation.
Apex Restoration DKI doesn’t just clean and repair structural damage—they’ll also restore your contents. Items like bedding, furniture, electronics, or antiques can be salvaged through their extensive cleaning and sanitation techniques.
When Do I Call?
When a fire disaster occurs, ensure the safety of your family or employees first. Once everyone is safe, call a restoration crew immediately. The longer your property is exposed to smoke, soot, and ash, the more extensive (and expensive) the property damage.
Did You Know?
Apex Restoration DKI is the residential and commercial disaster restoration service in Chattanooga. They work quickly to restore your property to pre-loss condition. Most companies offer 24/7 emergency fire damage assistance and restoration services, so don’t hesitate to call, even if it’s the middle of the night. The most important thing? Do not wait! Putting off a restoration service will cause long-term damage, which ultimately means long-term expenses. Save your time, money, and energy and call the fire damage cleanup professionals as soon as you notice any problems.